Artist, researcher, lecturer
‘KairUs Art+Research’ with Linda Kronman
Dr. Andreas Zingerle
2017-2018 he held a Research Assistant Professor Position at
In 2016 he completed his Ph.D. studies at the University of Art and Design Linz (Austria), researching topics such as online security, Internet cime, vigilante counter-movements and anti-fraud activism. He implements social engineering strategies that emerge in his research into interactive narratives, artistic installations, data visualizations and creative media competence trainings.
In 2009 he received a ‘Magister Artium’ (Mag.art.) degree from the Interface Cultures Department (initiated by Christa Sommerer and Laurent Mignonneau). 2009-2010 he worked as a HCI researcher and artist for the Patchingzone in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, followed by a year of Artist in Residence programs in Europe and Asia (Seoul (Korea) and Beijing (China)). During 2012-2016 he gathered teaching experience as university assistant and lecturer at the “Time based and Interactive Media” Department, University of Art and Design Linz (Austria). Besides this he collaborated with the Linz based net&culture hub ‘servus.at‘ in a 1,5 year research project called ‘Behind the Smart World‘ which included organizing an ArtLab, a symposium, an exhibition as well as editing a publication.
In the last years he worked on several installations exploring a creative (mis)use of technology, issues of cyber-security and alternative ways of Human Computer Interaction. These works have been exhibited since 2004 at international conferences and in exhibitions, among others Ars Electronica, Siggraph, Siggraph Asia, Japan Media Arts Festival, ISEA, Steirischer Herbst, Aksioma, FILE Festival, ELO conference, WRO Biennial. Since 2011 his research has been published in conference proceedings and as journal articles amongst others at ISEA, CyberWorlds, Hyperrhiz, ICIDS, xCoAx, CCC, Media-N.
‣ Interactive Narratives
‣ Cyber-security and privacy
‣ Internet of Things and Smart cities
‣ FLOSS communities
‣ Speculative fiction
‣ Digital Art and emerging forms of Human Computer Interaction
Presentations at international conferences
‣ 2019: xCoAx, Milan, Italy.
‣ 2018: CICA New Media Art conference, Gimpo-si, Republic of Korea.
‣ 2016: Overdrive conference, Girona, Spain.
‣ 2016: DSSITSEC2016, Riga, Latvia.
‣ 2016: xCoAx, Bergamo, Italy.
‣ 2016: New Media Caucus, CCA, Washington D.C., USA.
‣ 2015: 32C3 Chaos Communication Congress, Hamburg, Germany.
‣ 2015: Internet Yamichi-ichi, ARS ELECTRONICA, Linz, Austria.
‣ 2015: Net-activism, Rome, Italy.
‣ 2015: ISEA, Vancouver, Canada.
‣ 2015: Electronic Literature, Bergen, Norway.
‣ 2015: xCoAx, Glasgow, UK.
‣ 2014: xCoAx, Porto, Portugal.
‣ 2014: ICIDS, Int. Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, Singapore.
‣ 2014: Internet Research conference, .IR15, Daegu, Korea.
‣ 2014: Cyberworlds 2014, Santander, Spain.
‣ 2013: ARTSIT – Conference on Arts and Tech., Hangar Bicocca, Milan, Italy.
‣ 2013: CYBERWORLDS, Keio University, Yokohama, Japan.
‣ 2013: ICIDS, Int. Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, Istanbul, Turkey.
‣ 2013: SIGGRAPH ASIA, Hong Kong, China.
‣ 2012: SIGGRAPH ASIA, Singapore.
‣ 2012: PARN – Narrative strategies, MITI-Interactive Institute, Madeira, Spain.
‣ 2011: ACM Cyberworlds, Banff Center, Canada.
‣ 2011: ACM Multimedia 11, Scottsdale, AZ, USA.
‣ 2011: ISEA11 – Inter Society for Electronic Arts, Istanbul, Turkey.
‣ 2009: ACE 2009, Athens, Greece.
‣ 2008: SIGGRAPH, Los Angeles, USA.
Visiting artist presentations / workshops
‣ Drugo-more, Rijeka, Croatia (2018)
‣ Aksioma – Institute of contemporary Art, Ljubljana Slovenia (2018)
‣ Stuttgarter Filmwinter, Stuttgart, Germany (2017)
‣ Lange Nacht der Museen, Innsbruck, Austria (2016)
‣ Stuttgarter Filmwinter, Stuttgart, Germany (2016)
‣ Ecologies of Creative Activism, New Media Caucus, Washington D.C. (2016)
‣ 32C3 Chaos Communication Congress, Hamburg, Germany (2015)
‣ esc – medien kunst labor, Graz, Austria (2015)
‣ Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada (2015)
‣ Digital culture research group, University of Bergen, Norway (2015)
‣ Artist talk, Forum for Komputer Kultur, Basel, Switzerland (2015)
‣ Unmake Lab, Artist presentation, Seoul, Korea (2014)
‣ Bilgi University, Visual communication program, Istanbul, Turkey (2014)
‣ Art Meets Radical Openness Festival, Linz, Austria (2014)
‣ University of Lower Silesia, Dep. Of Journalism, Wrozlaw, Poland (2012)
‣ Beijing Dance Academy, Dep. Stage Design, Beijing, China (2011)
Administrative experience & consulting
‣ Peer reviewer, xCoAx Conference, Milan, Italy (2019)
‣ Peer reviewer, xCoAx Conference, Madrid, Spain (2018)
‣ Peer reviewer, ISEA conference, (2017)
‣ Jury member, ICIDS – Art exhibition, Los Angeles, USA (2016)
‣ Peer reviewer, ISEA conference, Hong Kong (2016)
‣ Jury member, exhibition curator, Art Meets Radical Openness Festival, Linz, Austria (2016)
‣ Peer reviewer, xCoAx Conference, Bergamo, Italy (2016)
‣ Jury member Network Culture Award, Stuttgarter Filmwinter, Germany (2016)
‣ Jury member, ICIDS – Art exhibition, Copenhagen, Denmark (2015)
‣ Jury member, Artist Run Data Center Residency program, servus.at, Linz, Austria (2015)
‣ Peer reviewer, xCoAx Conference, Glasgow, UK (2015)
‣ Jury member, ICIDS – Art exhibition at Art+Science Center, Singapore (2014)
‣ Peer reviewer, TEI – Tangible Embedded Interaction Conference, USA (2014)
‣ Peer reviewer, TEI – Tangible Embedded Interaction Conference, Germany (2013)
‣ Student admission jury member, University of Art and Design, Linz, Austria (2012-2015)
‣ Student thesis jury member, University of Art and Design, Linz, Austria (2012-2013)
‣ Cultural administrator, Student union, University of Art and Design, Linz, Austria (2007-08)
Sol Int. School, Dep. Global Media Arts, Daejeon (Korea): 2017-
‣ 2018(Spring): Transmedia Arts
‣ 2018(Spring): UI/UX Design
‣ 2017(Winter): UI/UX Design
‣ 2017(Fall): Post Production
‣ 2017(Fall): Media-Technology-Society
‣ 2017(Summer): Group exhibition
‣ 2017(Spring): The Internet of other people’s things (누군가의 사물 인터넷)
University of Art and Design Linz (Austria): 2012-2016
‣ 2014-16: Introduction to Interactive Art (310.096) (Protected)
‣ 2013-15: Sensor technologies (310.013) (Protected)
‣ 2012-15: Introduction to Interface Technologies (310.040) (Protected)
‣ 2012-14: Workshop module Interactive Media (with P. Cirio, K. Karvinen, A. Haider) (310.101)
‣ 2014: Workshop module Time based Media (with Neongolden Beauty Parlour – Stefan Kainbacher) (310.101)
‣ 2012-14: TIME events (organizing a student exhibition and ‘open house’ presentations) (310.009)
‣ 2013: Artistic Research in Web Art+Design: Social Media & digital storytelling (390.013)
Since 2010, Andreas has collaborated with the Finnish artist and researcher Linda Kronman forming the ‘KairUs Art+Research’ collective. Find more projects at kairus.org
Artist in Residence Programs
‣ 2016: Freies Theater Innsbruck, Innsbruck/Austria.
‣ 2014: NKA Foundation, Kumasi/Ghana.
‣ 2011: Redgate Gallery, Beijing/China.
‣ 2011: National Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul/Korea.
‣ 2011: Subnet, Salzburg/Austria.
‣ 2010: Timelab, Ghent/Belgium.
Forensic Fantasies at Aksioma Gallery/Slovenia, 2018 (Photo by Ana Kovač)
Linda Kronman and Andreas Zingerle in the SSD-Solution Lab (The Black money decoy), 2016
Megacorp. CEOs James Husby and Scarlett Abbott, Steirischer Herbst (Austria), 2015
Powered by: servus.at